Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meeting For The First Time

Kyle and I met on the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii on February 20, 2010 while we were both going to school at Brigham Young University-Hawaii. It was a Friday afternoon when I was working at the Seasider Snackbar on campus making sandwiches and ice cream shakes. This cute boy came up and ordered a sandwich in my line. I switched the other cashier places so that I could ring him out. We made small talk in which he asked if I wanted to go on a group date with him and some friends that next day. I then gave him my number and he picked me up that next evening. We both agreed it was the best first date we each have been on. We first went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory in Honolulu, then proceeded with our individual group picture scavenger hunts around the strip where we had to take pictures of specific poses on the list. The best picture we took was the "Take a picture proposing to your date". We laugh about it now because for one, Kyle proposed on our first date, and second, because the chinese girls in the back did not know it was a fake and were literally crying with excitement for our new engagement as they asked to look at my $5 ring I had on my finger:) After that we started dating officially in Hawaii and loved every minute together. Best date ever.         

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute I had no idea that he met you at work and asked you out. That's adorable. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete