Monday, September 19, 2011

French Toast DINNER & Shooting!


So, once again Kyle and I wanted to try out another recipe from my my recipe book Our Best Bites and it was a success! They are called Puffed French Toast. Completely unhealthy, basically a doughnut, and we felt sick.. but it was still great. Just don't eat alot.. 
*The BEST part about it all.. instead of adding the milk, we subbed it for Orange Juice. It gave it a great taste of just a hint of orange zest. If I were to make this again, I would DEFINITELY NOT deep fry it. Just cook it like you would french toast. The deep fry was a little too much.. TRY THE ORANGE!

The recipe even says to add vanilla ice cream on top as a dessert.. Kyle said it was way too unhealthy as a meal if you can just top it with ice cream for dessert.. so, to make it healthier, Kyle insisted on using Splenda instead of sugar and Cinnamon on the outside to make it healthier and he insisted I put that on the blog:)



He LOVED it. Breakfast for dinner mmhmm..


So Kyle decided to pick up a gun from his parent's house and bring it up to Logan. That's how we got to go shooting for our Family Night:) We set up cereal boxes, empty cans, and paper plates as targets. Pretty fun!


He was stoked about shooting.. Ha



Great Night!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute Raquel! I also got that recipe book for my wedding and I love it! It is seriously the best cookbook ever! My husband and I's favorite things in it are the Brazilian lemonade and the lasagna. SO good! You should try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks AWESOME! you two are a cute couple. and I LOVE the best bites cook book :)

    http://alexislaughs.blogspot.com

    saw your link on wives club. My blog just isn't showing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayli that's awesome! I am so going to try those recipes out!

    Alexis I love your blog! Just became a follower:)

    ReplyDelete