Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Heart Crafts

So I love anything that has to do with finding something in the dump and turning it into something. Last fall (before I was married).. I bought all new bedding and paint to redo my room. As for the decor, everything I found was purchased at Goodwill or the DI and spiced up:)


BEFORE


AFTER
(On the blank right wall I added a picture frame collage you will see in one of the pictures below.. Also, I wish I would have taken a final picture because at the point of each triangle I glued a big diamond stud on the wall. It looks way cool with them, just don't have the picture:(



In order to make the argyle wall, I had to measure the points of each triangle and then taped off what I would paint.


Most of these picture frames were found in the dump that I painted and spiced up. Great CHEAP way to decorate!

The Lamp....

I cut a long strip of material and sewed with a needle and thread back and forth in the middle of the fabric all the way across. Then pulled the string and scrunched up the fabric to make it have a laced effect. 


Then with hot glue (which is my FAVORITE craft tool. I use it with everything.) glued it around the base of a lamp shade.



 The Magnet Board....

So I found this magnet board which is about 2 1/2 x 4 ft at Goodwill for 7 bucks! The dark brown is wood and the light brown part is carpet.. ew. It was filled with dust and didn't have a back so I cleaned it and painted it white. Then bought a piece of sheet metal at Home Depo for $20. That was kinda pricey but they cut out the exact measurement for me and I kept the rest of the metal for other magnet boards.


Finished look!


I collected these bottle caps from when my family went out to eat and just hot glued magnets to the back I bought at Walmart. The diamond magnets however, were a little more pricey but so worth it. I got those at the Orange Patch home boutique in Mesa, AZ.

---------------------------------------------------

So in our current home in Logan I wanted a magnet board for our kitchen. I found thee ugliest bright pink magnet board at the DI in Provo, UT for way cheap and bought it:) I painted it black, then painted a stamp I had with two different kinds of paint - white and tan (slightly mixed). For the magnets I bought small circle mirrors from Michael's Art and Craft store and glued magnets to the backs of them...



Not bad?


2 comments:

  1. So cute, Raquel!! I love what you have done! You should check out my ear ring boards from my blog! They are so fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you ear ring boards! so cute! I love getting new ideas!

    ReplyDelete