Thursday, September 15, 2011

Engaged!

The first week in May we decided we wanted to marry each other. We called and set the day at the Salt Lake Temple on August 15, 2011 before we told our parents. After we told them, we began planning as we set the reception center, picked our photographer, and much more before we told anyone else ( we didn't want to tell anyone until I had a ring on my finger and it was official ). We then got engaged on Friday May 27, 2011 in Mesa, Arizona while visiting my family. My mom were out looking at men's wedding rings when we went back to pick up my family to go eat at a restaurant; however, Sterling and Kyle were gone "shopping" or something so they called and said they would meet us at the restaurant. We then headed to Moki's Hawaiian Grill in which when we walked in, Kyle and Sterling were not there, but a Hawaiian worker gave me a real hawaiian lei with a poem from Kyle. It told me how much he loved me from the beginning and that I needed to go to Tia Roses Mexican Restaurant right away ( that restaurant was where Kyle and I would go eat last summer in Arizona). So, expecting that Kyle would be there, we arrived in which another worker gave me a bouquet of flowers from Kyle with another poem telling me how much he couldn't wait to kneel at the alter and marry me. I was then blindfolded in which we drove 15 min up a mountain and then my family led me out the car up the backyard of a beautiful house on top of a mountain. When they took my blindfold off I saw Kyle in a black tux standing at the top of a stairway of rose petals. Yes, I was bawling as I walked up the stairs to him talking to me. His words were beautiful as he knelt down and proposed. It was one of the best days of my life. We were getting married!





No comments:

Post a Comment