Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dinner for 2

I just have to brag for a minute about the WORLD'S BEST ROLLS I made the other day for dinner along with homemade soup. I found the recipe in a recipe book I got from my bridal shower called Our Best Bites.
                         


 It even says they're the best so I just had to try them out! Here is the link to the recipe:

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/10/worlds-best-dinner-rolls/


Also, along with these amazing rolls we made Cinnamon Honey Butter that is thee best thing ever! Here is their link:

Just smother that on those hot rolls and it's the best thing you'll ever try!

So today was our ONE-MONTH ANIVERSARY!! So, to celebrate we made macadamian nut waffles for breakfast...

Kona Coast Macadamia Nut Pancake & Waffle Mix | World Market

This is the best mix it is sooo good. They sell it in Hawaii but I found it at a World Market store oneday while shopping with my mom in Mesa, AZ. So I'm sure they sell it other places too. We just bought macadamian nuts and cut them on top of our waffles.


 ...and for dinner I made my mother Audrey's Homemade Sweet and Sour Meatballs over rice. They were seriously so easy and so good.

Ha ha Kyle looks like he just wanted to dish up and eat his food while I insisted on taking a picture:)
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/3 of an onion, chopped
2/3 cup crushed crackers
1/4 cup milk
few dashes of salt and pepper
(I threw in a few shakes of Monterey Garlic and Herb to spice it up)
*Mix together and form into balls. Place in a 9x13 pan and cook on 350' for 30 min or until cooked through (mine took about 40 min)

Sauce:
1 cup ketchup
1 t mustard
2/3 bbq sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 -1/2 cup water until saucey
(Kyle threw in some maple syrup and teryaki sauce just for fun.. ha ha it also calls for worcestershire sauce but we didn't have any.. just play around with flavors)
*Heat mixture until boiling, add meatballs and simmer for 20 min. Top on rice.

(That sauce makes a ton so we halfed it and there was still PLENTY of sauce. Because it was only us two, we actually only ate half the meatballs and saved the other half in the fridge for over spaghetti for another meal:)

No comments:

Post a Comment