Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Lovin'


This summer has been very eventful and we have just been lovin' it! Here are some things we've been up to: 

Kyle broke his nose (maybe multiple times) throughout his life of playing soccer and finally decided it was time to get it fixed:) The surgery all went great and it was the perfect time to get it done!


 Kyle went down to Arizona to do a Goal Zero roadshow in the Gilbert COSTCO down there. While he was there for the first few days my mom came up to stay with me in Logan! It was soo much fun! I flew back down with her and drove back up to Logan with Kyle a few days after. 

LOVED going shopping with my mom at the new City Creek Mall in SLC! What girl doesn't like new clothes? 


 While I was in AZ I went to see my two little sisters at their swim meet! Both won First in their age group! So awesome! 
Holly:

 Ari:


Kyle and I drove half way back to Utah and stopped in St George to go to Aladdin at Tuacahn. It was AMAZING! We also ate a great BBQ dinner and Kyle was so nice to wear his new shirt I bought him for Father's Day<3


My cute sister Ansley came up to Utah for EFY. While she was here we made the cutest hair bows from some of my scrap fabric. So fun! 


 To those looking for an amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Look no further:
This recipe is soooo good! They're chewy, delicious, and easy!

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt 
1 12 oz bag Ghirardelli chocolate chips 

375' 9 min


 I LOVE nail polish! And I love all these fun summer colors from Essie!


 I LOVE my job!...Except when I cut my finger:( And this was BEFORE I paid to have them sharpened! Oops! 


 So all growing up my family all loves to eat artichokes! Like, we would sometimes choose those for our birthday dinner we love them so much.. We only have them once or twice a year because they're usually not super big and they're expensive if they're not in season. Sp, when I saw a nice big ripe one on sale at the store I thought it would be fun for Kyle to try one.. Ha yeah right. Didn't go so well:) He tried it right after he had his nose surgery so he couldn't taste very well so we'll have to try again sometime.. Ha ha.


 Update Update!! Look how huge our tomato plant has grown! And I see some tomatoes beginning to grow! Yay! Soooo excited to taste one when they're ripe!


To those who have never tried Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches... They will change your life! Their Tuna on their homemade 7-grain Whole Wheat bread is the greatest sandwich you will ever try:) And Tuna isn't usually my first choice but you can't go wrong with this.. Trust me! 


 So after Ansley was done with EFY my family drove up here and we all went to Lagoon for her birthday! So much fun! Except for the part when Kyle dropped his phone off a roller coaster and smashed it.. Ha oops! Although he did try Dippin-Dots for the first time!


 New fave cookie! Butterfinger Cookies! Soooo good you HAVE to try them! 


 For the Fourth of July my family went to Centerville to watch the parade and go to the booths they had that day. So fun! Kyle kept buying their homemade Rootbeer it was sooo good! He also bid the highest at the Police Auction and won 82 golfballs for $20 bucks! Awesome deal!


 My dad absolutely LOVES Goldfish Crackers so we took him to the Pepperidge Farm Factory in Logan!


 Also went to the Creamies Factory here and tried one for the first time - so yummy!


Love my family:) And my mom who is taking the pic<3


 Hahaaa I just HAD to post this! This pretty much sums up our picture taking.. And yes I do have the best husband for putting up with all the pictures I want to take:) 


 Last but not least: Kyle's new hobby besides shooting is now golfing. And I must say he is pretty dang good at it:) I myself haven't officially golfed yet besides hitting some balls but soon I think this boy will be a pro. 



2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I love all your pictures. It was so fun to see you at Pickleville! Come again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Quel! It looks like you guys are having a great time in Logan! And happy almost one year anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete