Monday, October 3, 2011

50 Cent Bathroom Door Wreath


I've been wanting to make a wreath for such a looong time and my cousin Jessalyn Romney finally inspired me to after she made the cutest one for her door. So.. I went to the DI and found this piece of plastic (not sure what it was) for 50 cents and pulled out scrap fabric to make it. I first cut a long strip of fabric and hot glued it around the plastic.

I made sure the strip was long enough so that it had a scrunch effect when it was done. So cute!


I didn't have any green fabric (our bathroom is green and cream), or any green paint, so I mixed blue and yellow to make green paint and feathered it on a strip of cream fabric. 


It was a little two bright so I added brown streaks on it.


Then, between that strip of fabric and other cream strips, I bunched each one individually to make a flower and glued it on the corner of the wreath. I had extra little cute flowers I glued on top with a button to finish it. 

Love it! What do you think?


Finished:

2 comments:

  1. You are seriously the most creative human. Come to my house and decorate? Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha my gosh I got this idea from you!! All I need is one for our door now!

    ReplyDelete